We are now inviting colleagues to submit course proposals for our Summer Institute in Education (SIE). Share your research, passion and knowledge with the next generation of educators, education experts and change-makers.
SIE offers unique learning opportunities for educators to strengthen their professional growth by intertwining theoretical and practical pedagogical knowledge. SIE instructors help to instill a commitment to career-long professional knowledge.
We are seeking instructors that will share their enthusiasm for life-long learning and inspire educators at all phases of their career. Instructors will design their course for Bachelor of Education, Graduate and post- baccalaureate students as well as current educators in the field.
Courses are three weeks in length starting July 6 and offered in the morning or afternoon. They will be held Monday to Thursday with the exception of the week of August 3, which will be held Tuesday to Friday due to BC Day.
Instructors have a choice of seven course topics:
- Physical Education (July 6 to 24, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Indigenous Education AM (July 6 to 24, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Indigenous Education PM (July 6 to 24, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Science Methodology, K to 9 (July 6 to 24, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Math, K to 9 (July 6 to 24, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- French (July 6 to 24, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- French (July 6 to 24, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Learning Technology: Practical Applications (July 27 to August 14, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Classroom Management (July 27 to August 14, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Interested educators must submit their resume, course title, description, objectives and learning outcomes by January 5. A minimum of a Master-level degree is required.
If you have any questions about the SIE or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in receiving a notification for when we begin accepting instructor applications? Sign-up for our Summer Institute Instructor newsletter.