The Summer Learning Teacher duties are to provide instruction, supervision and educational services for the Stz’uminus Primary School Summer Learning Program. Candidates are to have formal training and teaching experience at Primary School levels. The Summer Learning Teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing Literacy Activities and Guided Reading Programs and teaching students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3, and ensuring the development and safety of all students in accordance with relevant legislation and policies.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Experienced in providing Guided Reading Programs.
• Knowledgeable in Literacy Assessment for individual activities, in particular DIBELS.
• Planning and implementing activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children in the program.
• Able to lead, motivate, encourage and empower students.
• Be computer literate with special knowledge of educational applications and functions.
• Strong classroom management skills given the students social and emotional needs as well as the anticipated dynamic of these classes.
• Knowledgeable in Hul’qumi’num or willing to learn and teach Hul’qumi’num.
• Experienced in supervision, annual narrative reports, and bi-weekly timesheets.
• Experienced in Special Needs Programs and Services.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Education
• Special Education Experience required
• Member in good standings with the Teacher Regulations Branch, BC Ministry of Education.
For more information view the full job posting: SPS-Summer-Learning-Teacher_June_2017