Stz’uminus First Nation Education Department is seeking a 1.0 FTE Junior Kindergarten/Grade 1 Teacher at our Stz’uminus Primary School.
The successful applicant will:
• Hold a recognized Bachelor of Education Degree;
• Hold valid BC certification and be in good standing with the Teacher Regulation Branch;
• Demonstrate successful primary school level teaching experience.
• Possess strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills;
• Possess strong organizational skills;
• Have proven ability to meet the needs of diverse learners through application of differentiated instruction;
• Be knowledgeable of the new BC curriculum and be prepared to implement it for the 2017-18 school years;
• Have proven ability to adapt learning outcomes and instruction to meet needs of all students;
• Be able to plan for instruction in multi-grade classrooms;
• Effectively integrate technology in the classroom to maximize learning;
• Possess strong classroom management skills and ensure code of conduct around behavior is consistent with the school’s discipline policy;
• Have an understanding of First Nations culture and be willing to learn and integrate Hul’qu mi’num teachings into the curriculum;
• Have a strong commitment to building positive relationships with parents and community;
• Have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff in a team setting;
• Have a willingness to actively participate in all school wide academic and extra-curricular initiatives;
Application packages should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by May, 16th 2017.
Application packages should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 3 work related references, copy of BC teaching certificate and recent teacher evaluation if applicable.