Communications & Outreach Coordinator
Location: Kelowna, BC
Application Deadline: April 29, 2016, 4 p.m.
Terms: Full-time position until Sept. 5, 2016.
The Okanagan Basin Water Board (OBWB) is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, research, writing and organization skills to fill the position of Okanagan WaterWise Communications & Outreach Coordinator, reporting to the Communications Director. We offer a competitive wage, based on qualifications.
The OBWB is a local government agency, providing leadership on critical water issues in the Okanagan valley. We are seeking a person who is eager to take on challenges: developing communication materials to promote water conservation & protection in Canada’s most water-stressed region and taking OBWB/OkWaterWise communication efforts to new heights. Projects include: writing and designing brochures and public outreach displays, coordinating and attending outreach events, writing for web, assisting with integrating contact lists on new software, writing news releases, coordinating news conferences, and building on social media efforts.
The successful candidate will have:
• Post-secondary training in communications; a background in marketing and/or education and/or environmental science is a plus;
• Excellent interpersonal skills – comfortable speaking with the public, and all ages;
• Excellent written communication skills with ability to write and edit a range of materials from public information material (e.g. brochures), to news releases, to website material;
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
• Accurate and detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and time-management skills;
• Extensive experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe programs;
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License; and
• Willingness to travel within Okanagan Valley. Travel will be day trips only but may involve extended hours of work.
Please submit your resume, covering letter, as well as writing and layout/display samples by 4 p.m.
April 29, 2016 to:
Okanagan Basin Water Board
1450 KLO Road
Kelowna, BC, V1W 3Z4
Attention: Corinne Jackson, Communications Director
Applications may also be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Additional information on the Okanagan Basin Water Board and the Okanagan WaterWise program can be found at www.obwb.ca and www.okwaterwise.ca, and by contacting the Communications Director at 250-469-6271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.