Bachelor of Education
The Faculty of Education offers the following teacher education programs that lead to a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree and certification as a teacher in the province of BC:
- Elementary Teacher Education Program (ETEP)
- Five Year Degree, or
- Two Year Post Degree, both leading to certification
- Secondary Teacher Education Program (STEP)
- Twelve Month Certification, Post Degree only
- Developmental Standard Teaching Certificate (DSTC)
These cohort-based innovative programs offer a balance of content, conceptual studies, and practical experiences in the schools. They provide a strong theoretical base and specialized methodological content with an emphasis on integration of knowledge. Teacher candidates enjoy opportunities for choice of study and independent research in a Guided Reflective Inquiry Project (GRIP) that serves as a capstone for the degree programs. Teacher candidates will complete their practice teaching in schools throughout the Okanagan Valley or in schools in an international setting.
Detailed program information can be found in the 2014-2015 Student Handbook.
Last reviewed 7/29/2014 12:44:16 PM